Personalised e-learning, Semantic Web and Learning Ontologies
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2008
June 30, 2008
Joseph Luca & Edgar R. Weippl
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This project is aiming to move personalisation forward to the next generation, by tackling the issue of Personalised e-Learning platforms as pre-requisites for building and generating individualised learning solutions. The proposed development is to create an e-learning platform with personalisation built-in. This personalisation is proposed to be set from different levels of within the system starting from being guided by the information that the user inputs into the system down to the lower level of being set using information inferred by the system’s processing engine. This paper will discuss some of our early work and ideas.
Peter, S., Dastbaz, M. & Bacon, L. (2008). Personalised e-learning, Semantic Web and Learning Ontologies. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 1818-1825). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 7, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/28621.
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents
- Learning Objects in Context
- A Special Passage Through Asia E-Learning
- Learning 2.0: concepts and experiences with social networks and software
- e-Learning platforms for Semantic Web
- Reframing Assessment: Using social software to collect and organise learning
- A Framework for Developing Adaptive Personalized eLearning
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2009
- Competence-Based Knowledge Structures for Personalised Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.