Teacher Candidates Reflect Together on their own Development of TPCK: Edited Teaching Videos as Data for Inquiry
Save to My Collections
Pierson, M. (2008). Teacher Candidates Reflect Together on their own Development of TPCK: Edited Teaching Videos as Data for Inquiry. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 5305-5309). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/28122.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
March 3, 2008
Karen McFerrin, Roberta Weber, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This session will explore the use of inquiry methods by teacher education candidates to study their own emerging Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Students develop questions of interest in their own teaching, specifically related to the use of technology, and then collect a variety of data to help them answer their research questions. One key data source is a videotaped teaching episode, which they use to uncover teaching complexities related to the integration of appropriate technology tools with content and pedagogy.
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Unpacking the “Total PACKage”: Emergent TPACK Characteristics From a Study of Preservice Teachers Teaching With Technology
- Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in Preservice Teachers Through Microteaching Lesson Study
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Differentiating TPACK Development: Using Learning Activity Types with Inservice and Preservice Teachers
- Developing Effective Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) in PreK-6 Teachers
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK): Confronting the Wicked Problems of Teaching with Technology
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- Relationship of Preservice Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge with their Vocational Self-Efficacy Beliefs
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.