TEACH Project- Research on Technology-enhanced Curriculum in Science Pre-service Teacher Preparation Program
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
March 3, 2008
Karen McFerrin, Roberta Weber, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
In the presenting project, researchers tended to figure out how a technology-enhanced teacher preparation curriculum influences the development of pre-service trainees' technological pedagogical content knowledge. For that purpose, the utilization of specific aimed website, Technology Enhanced & Assisted Curriculum Headquarter, is embedded in the course to help teacher educators guide pre-service teachers for designing teaching projects and online courses, especially those used to implement technology embedded teaching. Researchers of this work-in-progress project expect to have semi-structured interviews with these trainees to collect qualitative data. Besides, the artifacts and teaching trial video tapes will be also collected as for the aim of triangulation. At last, researchers will try to make some comments and suggestions to science teacher education from the findings and further to amplify the significance and value of computer technology in science education.
Lin, T.C., Hsu, Y.S., Cheng, Y.J., Huang, F.K. & Jhuang, F.T. (2008). TEACH Project- Research on Technology-enhanced Curriculum in Science Pre-service Teacher Preparation Program. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 4729-4734). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 21, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/28012.
- Digital Storytelling: An empirical study of the impact of digital storytelling on pre-service teachers’ self-efficacy and dispositions towards educational technology
- Researching and Evaluating Digital Storytelling as a Deep Learning Tool
- Investigating Digital Storytelling and Portfolios in Teacher Education
- Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in Preservice Math and Science Teachers
- THREE COMPUTERS IN THE BACK OF THE CLASSROOM: PRESERVICE TEACHERS’ CONCEPTIONS OF TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION
- Digital storytelling: Empowering prospective teachers’ voices as future educators
- Impacting Academic Achievement with Student Learners Teaching Digital Storytelling to Others: The ATTTCSE Digital Video Project
- Everyone Has a Story to Tell: Examining Digital Storytelling in the Classroom
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2010
- Implementation of Digital Storytelling in the Classroom by Teachers Trained in a Digital Storytelling Workshop
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.