Can We Model Wiki Use in Technology Courses to Help Teachers Use Wikis in their Classrooms?
Save to My Collections
Kumar, S. (2008). Can We Model Wiki Use in Technology Courses to Help Teachers Use Wikis in their Classrooms?. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 2068-2071). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/27507.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
March 3, 2008
Karen McFerrin, Roberta Weber, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Despite being hailed as enhancing and facilitating collaborative learning, wikis have remained largely untapped as a tool in teacher education and development. This paper describes the use of a wiki activity in a technology development seminar for middle and high school teachers aimed at introducing teachers to the use of wikis, facilitating their use of a wiki for a specific task, and encouraging them to reflect on the ways in which they could use wikis in their classrooms. It highlights the importance of modeling the use of a wiki in teacher development and the capabilities of a wiki for collaboration, learning, and reflection by teachers. A research study that will follow-up on the participating teachers' use of wikis in their classrooms is planned.
- Making Hypermedia Dynamic: Hypervideo for Teaching Technology and Interaction
- Designing and Evaluating Software Supports for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders in a 3D Virtual Learning Environment
- Meaningful Learning with Wikis: Making a Connection
- Wiki Productivity and Discussion Forum Activity in a Postgraduate Online Distance Learning Course
- Online Course Development – Where do we start?
- Wiki as a Collaborative Learning Tool
- Implementing a Wiki as a collaboration tool for group projects
- Editorial: Online Education: Issues and Research Questions
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- Wikis in the Teacher Education Program: Preservice Teachers’ Perceptions and Perceived Future Applications
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.