A Web Tutoring System using Video Chat and Pen-Paper devices
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
March 3, 2008
Karen McFerrin, Roberta Weber, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This paper describes a Web-based tutoring system using pen-paper devices, which enables a student living in the provinces to take remote lessons from a competent teacher working in large cities with the feeling that the student takes personal lessons form the teacher sitting beside the student. In addition to the video chat between the student and the teacher, they communicate with real-time handwriting using pen-paper devices, so that they can communicate by speech and by handwriting which can easily express figures, formulas, and so on rather than being restricted and bothered by using keyboards. One of the largest prep schools has been using this system for more than a year.
Sano, M., Terada, T., Oda, H. & Nakagawa, M. (2008). A Web Tutoring System using Video Chat and Pen-Paper devices. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 688-693). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 13, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/27249.
- Portraying Yourself Online: A Discussion of Teaching Styles in Online Courses
- Pen-based Learning Technologies in Higher Education: Teaching and Studying Radiographic Anatomy in Mobile Learning Environment
- EPOS Wired Digital Pen- Old School Tradition of Pen In New Technology Centric Classroom
- SYSTEMATIC PLANNING FOR ONLINE TEACHING TO SUPPORT FACULTY'S NEW ROLE
- A Study about the Learning Effect of Utilizing Liquid Crystal Pen Tablet at the Elementary School
- A Special Need: Online Modules to Supplement Traditional Special Education Teacher Ed Instruction
- Teaching Online Courses: Faculty Experiences
- The Development of a Case-Based Performance Support System for Faculty Online Teaching
- Exploring the potential uses of the Tablet computer as a tool for young children to represent ideas
- Editorial: Online Education: Issues and Research Questions
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.