Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
Save to My Collections
Niess, M. (2007). Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets. In R. Carlsen et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (pp. 2238-2245). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/24922.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2007
San Antonio, Texas, USA
March 26, 2007
Roger Carlsen, Karen McFerrin, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Research is needed to identify professional development for mathematics teachers in their process of learning to integrate spreadsheets as a mathematical learning tool. Technology pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK) describes the way of teachers' thinking characterized as depending on planning, organizing, critiquing and abstracting in ways that integrate technologies such as spreadsheets with specific mathematical content and specific student needs. This program focused on development of knowledge, beliefs and disposition for integrating spreadsheets as mathematical learning tools. In-depth analysis of five teachers' work in the summer program highlights the program impact on their knowledge, beliefs and dispositions with specific attention to their self-efficacy and outcome expectancies for teaching mathematics with spreadsheets. Outcome expectancies appeared connected with their preparation plans for guiding their students learning mathematics with spreadsheets.
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Mathematics Teachers Developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
- Examining TPACK Among K-12 Online Distance Educators in the United States
- Teachers’ Views on Factors Affecting Effective Integration of Information Technology in the Classroom: Developmental Scenery
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Implementing Computer Technologies: Teachers' Perceptions and Practices
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.