Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) Through Teaching Online
Save to My Collections
Mishra, P., Peruski, L. & Koehler, M. (2007). Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) Through Teaching Online. In R. Carlsen et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (pp. 2208-2213). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/24918.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2007
San Antonio, Texas, USA
March 26, 2007
Roger Carlsen, Karen McFerrin, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Abstract: This is a cross-case analysis of three faculty members who designed and taught online classes for the first time. In a "learning technology by design" class, faculty and students cooperatively designed an online class that the faculty member subsequently taught. "Learning Technology by design" is a key component of the analytical framework "Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge" (TPCK) used to analyze the data. Analysis indicated that immersion in the learning technology by design approach afforded rich opportunities for the faculty members to deeply consider the relationships between content, pedagogy, and technology. We found that although faculty had well-developed PCK, the new online context forced them to rethink all three components, and most importantly the relationships between them. Faculty members, developers, and technology experts working with faculty can benefit by better understanding this approach to teaching, learning, and helping teachers integrate technology knowledge with content and pedagogical knowledge.
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK): Confronting the Wicked Problems of Teaching with Technology
- Relationship of Preservice Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge with their Vocational Self-Efficacy Beliefs
- Unpacking TPACK: TPK Characteristics Supporting Successful Implementation
- Developing Effective Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) in PreK-6 Teachers
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.