Adaptive Teaching And Learning Using A Classroom Communication System And An Adaptive Computer-Based Assessment Tool
Save to My Collections
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Thomas Reeves & Shirley Yamashita
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
This paper introduces a work in progress about an adaptive computer-based assessment tool for the assessment of Chemistry in Mexican public Junior-high schools. Our main aim is to provide a tool which help Mexican teachers to incorporate background knowledge and learning styles in the design of assignments and classroom activities. Furthermore, we would like to provide them of a tool which help them to apply the Social Constructivist and formative assessment approaches to supervise their teaching process and the students' learning process. These will be done through real-time assessments using a classroom communication system and through the generation of personalized assignments. The system will generate multiple-choice questions, open-ended questions and problems. In order to generate problems, teachers have to write rules using a few reserved words. The system will grade multiple-choice questions and problems automatically.
Aguilar, G., Gomez, A. & Kaijiri, K. (2006). Adaptive Teaching And Learning Using A Classroom Communication System And An Adaptive Computer-Based Assessment Tool. In T. Reeves & S. Yamashita (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2006 (pp. 2701-2706). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/24114.
- Learning 2.0: concepts and experiences with social networks and software
- A Special Passage Through Asia E-Learning
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- A Web Based Authoring And An Adaptive Tutoring System For teaching And Learning
- Enabling Project-Based Learning in WBT Systems
- The Role of Continuous Monitoring in Enriching E-learning
- Personalised e-learning, Semantic Web and Learning Ontologies
- Knowledge Construction Through ICT's: Social Networks
- Adaptable Personalised E-Learning Systems and Practical Approach on the use of Presentation Applications
- Overview of a Factual Question Generator System
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.