An innovative e-learning system for studying the microscopic structure of cells, tissues and organs of the human body.
Save to My Collections
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Thomas Reeves & Shirley Yamashita
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
Histology is the study of the microscopic structure of cells, tissues and organs. There is now a need for an authoritative, extensive e-learning resource in Histology that can provide a complete learning package (including practical histology instruction and numerous assessment packages) so students can achieve (at the highest level) all learning outcomes. This presentation will describe such a resource. This learning system in "Histology" is coupled with modern pedagogy. It has proven to be extremely popular with students and has vastly improved student outcomes. It has eliminated formal practical histology classes and hence provided significant budget savings (or redirection of funds to other initiatives) in our University Department. It can be updated instantly as it is an electronic product.
Meyer, G. (2006). An innovative e-learning system for studying the microscopic structure of cells, tissues and organs of the human body. In T. Reeves & S. Yamashita (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2006 (pp. 118-122). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/23669.
- Deploying Mobile Phones for Faculty Development
- The Use of E-Learning for Teacher Development: Global Perspectives on Trends, Issues and Challenges
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- Comparing Effectiveness of Traditional versus Blended Teaching Methods: Efforts to Meet the Demands of Students in a Blend 2.0
- Ingredients of Educational Portals as Infrastructures for Informal Learning Activities
- Barriers to Internet Adoption among Faculty in Saudi Arabian Universities
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Engaging the conversation with stakeholders on an expansive definition of e-learning
- Creating an Innovative Learning Organization
- Distance Learning in Africa
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.