AK-method as a Qualitative Causal Structure Analysis and its Application in the Analysis of a Mobile Learning Tool
Save to My Collections
Akahori, K. (2006). AK-method as a Qualitative Causal Structure Analysis and its Application in the Analysis of a Mobile Learning Tool. In E. Pearson & P. Bohman (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2006 (pp. 561-568). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/23065.
This paper proposes a new qualitative causal structure analysis method named as the AK-method, and describes the results of its application in verifying the effectiveness of a mobile learning tool. Covariance structure analysis is a statistical and quantitative causal structure analysis method that is widely spread and applied in various fields for analyzing causal relationship among factors. However, the covariance structure analysis is not applicable to qualitative data such as text interviews and so on. Due to this limitation, the author proposes the AK-method, which can be applied to analyze causal relationships based on qualitative data. This paper compares some features between the statistical covariance structure analysis and AK-method. In addition, the AK-method was applied in the analysis of the effectiveness of mobile learning tool, and it showed valuable results, which were supportive information for tool design.
- Mobile ELDIT: Transition from an e-Learning to an m-Learning System
- A Study on Mobile Learning Device Applied to Science Learning in Elementary School
- Is the Future of eLearning in Mobile Devices?
- Using a Handheld Mobile Technology for Supervision of Constructivist Teaching and Learning
- Development of an e-learning system for higher education using the mobile phone
- Mobile-Oriented Video-based Learning Environment using m-VCML for Language Learning
- A Teaching Model Design for Mobile Cooperative Learning
- New Learning Scenarios ? Mobile Learning and Teaching at Universities
- Integrating Mobile Devices in a multi-platform Learning Management System using web services
- Quality of Service Considerations in Mobile Learning Environments
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.