Technology Beliefs and Practices of Mathematics Education Faculty
Save to My Collections
Kersaint, G. (2003). Technology Beliefs and Practices of Mathematics Education Faculty. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 11(4), 549-577. Norfolk, VA: SITE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/2222.
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education
Volume 11, Issue 4, 2003
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education Norfolk, VA
More Information on JTATE
Using survey methodology, this study examined the beliefs and practices of mathematics teacher educators (MTEs) regarding the integration of technology in their teacher education programs. In addition, the relationship among MTEs' beliefs about the importance of technology, their comfort with using and teaching with technology, and the degree to which they have implemented technology within their mathematics teacher education programs were also examined.
- Middle School Education
- Educational Technology
- Preservice Teacher Education
- Information Communication Technologies
- Conference Board of Mathematical Sciences (2001) . The Mathemat ics Educa
- Dugdale , S . (1998) . A spreadsheet investigation of sequences and series for middle grades through precalculus . Journa l o f Compu ters in Ma thematics and Science Teaching , 17(2/3) , 203-222 .
- In terna t iona l Soc ie ty for Techno logy in Educa t ion (2000) . Na t iona l Educational Standards for Teachers. Eugene , OR: Author .
- Jackiw , N . (2001) . The Geometer’s Sketchpad (Version 4 .0) . [Computer Software] . Emeryville , CA: Key Curriculum Press .
- Kaput , J . (1992) . Technology and mathematics education . In D . Grouws (Ed .) , Handbook of research in mathematics teaching and learning (pp. 525-556) . New York: MacMillan .
- Manoucherhri , A . (1999) . Computers and school mathematics reform: Implications for mathematics teacher education . Journa l o f Compu ters in Mathematics and Science Teaching , 18(1) , 31-48 .
- Mathematics Association of America (1991) . A call for change: Recommenda
- Mathematics Sciences Education Board (1991) . Coun t ing on you: Ac t ions supporting mathematics teaching standards . Washington , DC: Author .
- Milou , E . (1999) . The graphing calculator: A survey of classroom usage . School Science and Mathematics , 99 , 133-140 .
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (2002) . Profess iona l s tandards for the accred i ta t ion o f schoo ls , co l leges , and depar tmen t o f educa t ion . Washington , DC: Author . Re trieved on Augus t 12 , 2002 from: http://www.ncate.org/standard/m_stds .htm
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (1991) . Pro fess iona l s tandards for teaching mathematics . Reston , VA: Author .
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (2000) . Pr inc ip les and s tandards for school mathematics . Reston , VA: Author .
- Ruthven , K . (1990) . The influence of graphic calculator use on translation from graphic to symbolic form . Educa t iona l S tud ies in Ma thema t ics , 21 , 431-50 .
- Sapsford , R . (1999) . Survey research. Thousand Oaks: Sage .
- Slavit , J . (1996) . Graphing calculators in a “hybrid” algebra II classroom . For the Learning of Mathematics , 15(1) , 9-14 .
- Stohl , H . (2002) . Prospec t ive teachers learn ing to fac i l i ta te soc ia l in terac- t ion and ma thema t ica l prob lem so lv ing w i th techno logy too ls . Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association , New Orleans , LA .
- Timmerman, M.A. (1998). Learning in the context of a technology-enriched
- U .S . Department of Education (2001) . The na t ion’s repor t card: Ma thema tics 2000 (NCES 2001-517) . Washington , D .C .
- Wenglinsky , H . (1998) . Does i t compu te? The re la t ionsh ip be tween educa- t iona l techno logy and s tuden t ach ievemen t in ma thema t ics. Princeton , NJ: ETS
- Free Tools And Systems For Open And E- Learning
- Implementing Computer Technologies: Teachers' Perceptions and Practices
- Teacher Educators’ Beliefs and Technology Uses as Predictors of Preservice Teachers’ Beliefs and Technology Attitudes
- Examining TPACK Among K-12 Online Distance Educators in the United States
- Measuring High School Mathematics Teachers' Concerns About Graphing Calculators and Change: A Yearlong Study
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- How Teachers Integrate Technology and Their Beliefs About Learning: Is There a Connection?
- Teachers’ Views on Factors Affecting Effective Integration of Information Technology in the Classroom: Developmental Scenery
- Factors That Influence Elementary Teachers Use of Computers
- Managing Teachers’ Barriers to ICT Integration in Singapore Schools
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.