ANGEL, CHAMPS, PEGS: Enhancing Classroom Management Skills
Save to My Collections
Blanchard, S. (2006). ANGEL, CHAMPS, PEGS: Enhancing Classroom Management Skills. In C. Crawford et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2006 (pp. 1114-1119). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/22202.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2006
Orlando, Florida, USA
March 19, 2006
Caroline M. Crawford, Roger Carlsen, Karen McFerrin, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Classroom management impacts every level of instruction. Creating an environment conducive to academic achievement and ensuring school safety depend upon each teacher having sufficient classroom management skills. This presentation will demonstrate how the CHAMPs interactive video program and the PEGS simulation software, in conjunction with the learning management system, Angel, can be used to develop classroom management skills. Methods of practicing management skills without affecting actual preK- 12 students will be demonstrated. Workshop attendees will participate in actual program activities: 1. Participants will be paired to perform a CHAMPs activity where they proactively plan for a typical classroom transition. 2. Participants will experience PEGS simulations of interactions with a variety of students in a variety of school settings. Organization and delivery of classroom management training via ANGEL will be demonstrated.
- Integrating Moodle into a Course for Pre- and In-service Teachers
- Moodle: Using Learning Communities to Create an Open Source Course Management System
- Factors influencing Pre-Service teachers’ attitudes towards using a Moodle environment for teaching and learning.
- A Moodle Course: Design and Implementation in English for Academic Purposes Instruction
- Adventures in WebQuests! Pre-Service Teachers Participate in a WebQuest to Create their Own
- Using a Free and Simple Web-Based Service to Encourage the Use of WebQuests in Teacher Education
- Demonstrating Online K12 Teaching Strategies in a Moodle Course Management Environment
- WebQuests: A Tool for Developing Teachers' Web Design and Evaluation Skills
- Using Moodle to improve learning and teaching in Brazilian elementary school
- How Learning, Assessment and Employment Portfolio integrated into one system?
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.