The Ecology in Architecture Design Project: Pedagogical, Graphic and Technological Strategic Choices
Save to My Collections
Rega, I., Caputo, P., Schettino, P., Milani, C. & Roscetti, A. (2005). The Ecology in Architecture Design Project: Pedagogical, Graphic and Technological Strategic Choices. In G. Richards (Ed.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2005 (pp. 1047-1056). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/21324.
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2005
E-Learn 2005--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
This paper introduces the advanced educational experience of a project regarding a blended learning course, involving Swiss universities, laboratories and universities of applied science with expertise in architecture, energy, ecology, technology, pedagogy, design and communication. The Ecology in Architecture Design (EAD) course covers the basic concept and knowledge about integration of ecology into the architectural design. The article describes the pedagogical, graphical and technological choices made by the project team in order to enable students not only to analyze the ecological implications of buildings construction, but also to give to the next generation of architects the skills to include these components in their professional activity. Finally, the article focuses on the results of the testing of the prototype module within the course of Technology – Building Physics at the Academy of Architecture of Mendrisio in the academic year 2004/2005. Results of the questionnaire filled in by students to evaluate the overall experience are provided.
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- A Comparison of Learners' Achievement between Blended Learning and Distance Learning
- The Effects of Computer-Assisted Concept Mapping on EFL Students’English Reading
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- Social Networking and Education: Using Facebook as an Edusocial Space
- Becoming an Educational Technology Leader Though Online Education
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- The Development of Online Student Skills: Successful online students share their secrets
- Credibility of a simulation-based virtual laboratory: An exploratory study of learner judgments of verisimilitude
- Teaching using information and communication technology: Do trainee teachers have the confidence?
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.