Redeveloping an eLearning Annotation System as a Web Service
Save to My Collections
Glover, I., Xu, Z. & Hardaker, G. (2005). Redeveloping an eLearning Annotation System as a Web Service. In P. Kommers & G. Richards (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2005 (pp. 4221-4228). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/20741.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2005
June 27, 2005
Piet Kommers & Griff Richards
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This paper describes a project, funded by the UK's Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), to develop a Web Service that can provide annotation functionality as part of an extensive Web Service-based e-Learning Framework (ELF). The project uses a system previously created by the authors as a foundation and extends the functionality to enable access as a Web Service. The paper provides a section on previously created systems with special focus on the base system; the benefits of the Web Service architecture and a description of the conversion process follow. The paper concludes with the anticipated outcomes of the conversion process and suggested further development.
- Integrating Lecture Recording with an LMS: An Implementation Report
- Navigational Indices and Full Text Search by Automated Analyses of Screen Recorded Data
- Digital Lecture Halls Keep Teachers in the Mood and Learners in the Loop
- Introduction to the ePortfolio section
- Constructivism and designing virtual learning environments
- Scripted Anchored Discussions of eLectures
- Reconstructing Web Resource with Learning History Mining
- Digital ink for simple cognitively effective recorded lectures: Making way for student centred engineering classrooms
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Interactivity and synchronicity in online learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.