Science Teachers Training within the Frame of the State Information Policy in Education - Outcomes and the First Experience
Save to My Collections
Lustigova, Z. (2005). Science Teachers Training within the Frame of the State Information Policy in Education - Outcomes and the First Experience. In P. Kommers & G. Richards (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2005 (pp. 59-65). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/20055.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2005
June 27, 2005
Piet Kommers & Griff Richards
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The paper provides a structured overview drawing on the results of the first three years of the large program of State Information Policy (SIP) in Education in the Czech Republic with a special focus on Science Education. In the first part of the paper the whole system of training in service teachers in using ICT is described, learning and teaching materials, online courses and the whole online supportive environment TELMAE are briefly introduced. TELMAE Portal has become the key learning, publishing and also monitoring and controlling tool for science teachers and educators in Science part of SIP in Education program. In the second part of the article the author focuses on the key factors, advantages and limitations of such a large training program (several tens of thousands of teachers) and on the possible role of virtual learning communities of teachers, tutors and teacher trainers, arising from the creative background of TELMAE supportive learning environment.
- Evaluation of an Inservice Teacher Training Program for ICT Integration
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Training teachers for ICT in education – a case from upper secondary school level in the Le@rn project
- Learning to use ICT in classrooms : Teachers’ and trainers’ perspectives, A summary of the evaluation of the English ICT teacher training programme 1999-2003
- Perspectives on Blended Learning in Higher Education
- Designing ICT Training Material for Chinese Language Arts Teachers
- A study of the rate of (ICT) in – service Education effectiveness among high-school teachers
- Learner-Centered ICT Training in Upper Secondary Schools: Implementation and Evaluation
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.