Assembling the pieces together: What are the most influencial components in mathematics preservice teachers' development of Technology Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK)?
Save to My Collections
Suharwoto, G. & Lee, K. (2005). Assembling the pieces together: What are the most influencial components in mathematics preservice teachers' development of Technology Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK)?. In C. Crawford et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2005 (pp. 3534-3539). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/19686.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2005
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Caroline Crawford, Roger Carlsen, Ian Gibson, Karen McFerrin, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
The integration of knowledge of technology, content, and pedagogy is a model to prepare preservice teachers to integrate technology in teaching mathematics, known as Technology Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) (Pierson, 1999; Niess, in press). The question in the study is "What components in program that integrate technology throughout the program are related to the development of preservice teachers' TPCK? Technology coursework, microteaching, worksample are combined to help preservice teachers develop their TPCK. Journal, questionnaires, and observations from eight mathematics preservice teachers participated in the study reported that coursework was valued as main source of knowledge of technology, content, and pedagogy followed by the work sample, and microteaching. Cooperating teacher is considered as important source of knowledge of pedagogy and content. While faculty was considered as main source of technology, university supervisor was as source of knowledge of pedagogy.
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Guiding Inservice Mathematics Teachers in Developing TPCK (Technology pedagogical content knowledge)
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Mathematics with Technology: Key Issues, Concerns and Research Questions
- The Hamburg Netbook Project and its Evaluation by the University of Hamburg
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Mathematics Teachers Developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
- Developing and Implementing a Technology Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for Teaching Mathematics with Technology
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.