Reflection on Electronic Learning Community and Pedagogical Use of Computer Technology
Save to My Collections
Huang, H.J. (2005). Reflection on Electronic Learning Community and Pedagogical Use of Computer Technology. In C. Crawford et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2005 (pp. 2253-2258). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/19409.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2005
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Caroline Crawford, Roger Carlsen, Ian Gibson, Karen McFerrin, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This paper reports the implementation of a computer-integrated course and students' reflection on their learning experience. Participants were seventy secondary education majors. Three components of computer integration included: (1) A special section of instruction on pedagogical use of computer technology (2) Students' teaching practices of computer-integrated lessons (3) A collaborative learning community via on-line discussion board. Overall, Students appreciated the new learning experience and reported positive responses. The results present students' reflections in three areas: (1) Resistance of using computer technology, (2) Benefits of on-line learning community, and (3) Challenges of implementing computer-integrated instructions. Finally, the paper discusses two issues: the need of developing effective instruction that is educationally defensible in terms of student learning, and the need to encourage and educate teachers to use computer in pedagogically appropriate ways.
- Transition From The BIG Book to the Digital Peer Faculty Evaluation Portfolio at an HBCU: Resistance Is Futile
- Print versus Image: Privilege and Pedagogy with old/new media in the English classroom
- Introduction and Creation of an Advanced Course Electronic Portfolio at an HBCU: The Process
- Integration of Microsoft Producer and Adobe Visual Communicator 3 in a Technology Literacy Methods Class: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Digital Storytelling: One Assignment + Three Projects = Flow
- An International Forum for Intercultural Critical Literacy: Critical Analysis of Film
- Using Microsoft Producer As A Tool To Enhance Critical Thinking
- Developing a global forum for intercultural critical literacy
- Using Technology As A Tool For Healing
- PiccleForum: A website for intercultural critical literacy
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.