Survey on use of ICT in university teaching
Save to My Collections
McManus, T.F., Korosec, D. & Kumpulainen, K. (2002). Survey on use of ICT in university teaching. In D. Willis et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2002 (pp. 2365-2366). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/17687.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2002
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Dee Anna Willis, Jerry Price & Niki Davis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
In order to improve the quality of technology in teacher education it is first necessary that we determine the current state of technology integration within the institution. In our case we chose to examine the use of technology by our entire faculty as well as the student body rather than just looking at those in our teacher education programs. As part of an on-going European project whose aim is to establish a Center for Distance Education Development, the University of Maribor developed a survey on use of information technology in teaching and learning at our University. In this paper we will describe the context and development of the questionnaires as well as the process of conducting the survey. Our goals and purposes of collecting the data included: (a) evaluating the current nature of experiences related to ICT shared by members of staff and students of the University of Maribor, (b) assessing the needs of the University staff in implementing new media in their professional practices (such as developing teaching material in electronic form and establishing new forms of collaboration and dissemination within the University and beyond), (c) giving foundations for developing new skills of teaching and learning in the information society. The survey was offered both in electronic and paper form to 16.000 regular and part time students and 700 faculty members.
- Evaluation of an Inservice Teacher Training Program for ICT Integration
- Learning to use ICT in classrooms : Teachers’ and trainers’ perspectives, A summary of the evaluation of the English ICT teacher training programme 1999-2003
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Training teachers for ICT in education – a case from upper secondary school level in the Le@rn project
- Perspectives on Blended Learning in Higher Education
- Designing ICT Training Material for Chinese Language Arts Teachers
- Learner-Centered ICT Training in Upper Secondary Schools: Implementation and Evaluation
- A study of the rate of (ICT) in – service Education effectiveness among high-school teachers
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.