TLC : Teachers’ And Learners’ Collaborascope – A Platform For Analysing And Evaluating Online Education
Save to My Collections
Masters, M.M., Macneill, S. & Atkinson, P.M. (2000). TLC : Teachers’ And Learners’ Collaborascope – A Platform For Analysing And Evaluating Online Education. In J. Bourdeau & R. Heller (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2000 (p. 1825). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/16578.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2000
Jacqueline Bourdeau & Rachelle Heller
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
Millions is being spent on installing networks, computers and assembling distance learning material and ICT (information and communications technology) software. Yet the network technology is not being used to assemble databases which researchers, managers and politicians can "data mine" to guide their investment. In the TLC project we are pioneering techniques for assembling and querying educational data. Our goal is to initiate research into the best methods of rapidly assessing the effectiveness of resources deployed and then interpreting the data to improve our educational performance. We are not trying to reinvent the wheel and produce yet another online learning environment like WebCT or Virtual-U. Instead we are building tools which will work in collaboration with these existing learning environments and provide teachers and students with valuable information about the usage of their learning environment. The TLC project aims to utilise the emerging standards such as those from the IMS project.
- Virtual Environments
- Distance Education
- Educational Technology
- Information Communication Technologies
- Networking Technologies
- Educating Teachers for the Knowledge Society: Social Media, Authentic Learning and Communities of Practice
- What would John Dewey Do: Programmatic design for developing TPACK for 21st Century Learning
- Student-Teacher Interaction on Facebook: What Students Find Appropriate
- Mathematics Teachers Developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
- Guiding Inservice Mathematics Teachers in Developing TPCK (Technology pedagogical content knowledge)
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Teachers’ assessment of TPACK: Where are we and what is needed?
- Web 2.0 learning environments in vocational education: a study on the use of collaborative online tools in the Statistics module
- Reconsidering the T and C in TPACK: Repurposing technologies for interdisciplinary knowledge
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Revising Teacher Preparation
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.