Dilemma of Inquiry and Reflection Through and With Technology: New Directions for Research in Post-Secondary Teaching
Save to My Collections
Kritskaya, O. & Clay, T. (2000). Dilemma of Inquiry and Reflection Through and With Technology: New Directions for Research in Post-Secondary Teaching. In J. Bourdeau & R. Heller (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2000 (p. 1820). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/16551.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2000
Jacqueline Bourdeau & Rachelle Heller
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The study explored the issues of pedagogy for teaching reflective inquiry in the undergraduate program in Educational Psychology. The analysis focused on the role of the learners' imagination and the use of instructional hyper-media texts in construction of meanings associated with the course content. Particular attention was paid to the development of student design ideas that they use for the arrangement of images, which reflect, as a special form of narrative, on their understanding of the disciplinary concepts, personalities and life experiences. The data illuminate the instructional conditions when the student's act of arranging information becomes an act of insight. The computer-based student projects (Teacher's Portfolio, Multi-Media Gallery), along with the instructional hyper-media texts, reveal a critical instructional shift in the pedagogy of teaching reflective thinking-from structure to process, from enforcing students' competence to engaging them into performance-that fosters a deeper understanding of the dialectics of socio-cultural processes.
- Using Authentic Patient Interactions to Teach Cervical Screening to Medical Students
- TeleQACE: A Dynamic Web-based Knowledge Network of Health Professionals
- Cross-cultural online communication: Making connections through project-based learning
- Starting with the end in sight
- Legitimate Participation? Instructional Designer-Subject Matter Expert Interactions in Communities of Practice
- Developments in Authentic Learning: A Woman's Reproductive Life Cycle
- Reusable media-rich problem-based learning cases: Creating learning objects for teacher-education
- New Perspectives in Physical Education: Using Online Learning to Promote Collaborative Critical Thinking
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Networked Educational Management: Transforming Educational Management in a Networked Institute
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.