Proving Competence: Integrative Assessment and Web-based Portfolio System in a Dynamic Curriculum
Save to My Collections
Wielenga, D. & Melisse, R. (2000). Proving Competence: Integrative Assessment and Web-based Portfolio System in a Dynamic Curriculum. In D. Willis et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2000 (pp. 112-117). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/15538.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2000
Dee Anna Willis, Jerry Price & Jerry Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Since 1997 Amsterdam Faculty of Education (EFA) has been officially recognized as a center for experimental teacher education. We describe the development of an assessment system and a web-based portfolio system to help students take responsibility for their learning and their proving competence at three consecutive integrative assessments. In this paper the new concept of curriculum for educating professional teachers is discussed. A new concept can only be successful in implementation if the assessment system is correspondingly altered. We also briefly describe a web-based portfolio system that supports students in building proof of competence. A more elaborate description of that system is given in the documentation of the poster session "EFA's Digital Portfolio System".
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
- The Expanded Will, Skill, Tool Model : A Step toward Developing Technology Tools That Work
- Preservice Biology Teachers’ Use of Interactive Display Systems to Support Reforms-Based Science Instruction
- Unpacking the “Total PACKage”: Emergent TPACK Characteristics From a Study of Preservice Teachers Teaching With Technology
- Developing Assessment Systems for Addressing ISTE/NCATE Standards for Accreditation and National Recognition
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Do Entry Characteristics of Online Learners Affect Their Satisfaction?
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.