Synergy Education Press: Tools for Teachers' Professional Development
Save to My Collections
Horvath, J., Lehrer, R., Koehler, M. & Petrosino, A. (2000). Synergy Education Press: Tools for Teachers' Professional Development. In Proceedings of International Conference on Mathematics / Science Education and Technology 2000 (pp. 2-3). AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/15409.
International Conference on Mathematics / Science Education and Technology (MSET) 2000
Table of Contents
Synergy Education Press, Inc. is a small company whose aim is to provide high-quality research-based teacher professional development materials for elementary mathematics and science educators. We will provide packages of multimedia and text-based products to help elementary math and science teachers develop deeper understandings of how children think about core math and science ideas (e.g., measurement, spatial reasoning, or inquiry-based science) and how to go about teaching these powerful ideas to their students. We differ from other companies in that we are not developing software or curriculum materials to be used by students, per se, nor will we explicitly help teachers learn how to use technology in their classrooms. Rather, we will use technology to help teachers learn how to be better teachers. Our products are intended for pre- and in-service teachers, home-school teachers, teacher education programs, and anyone interested in learning how to be a better teacher of math and science to young children.
- Learning and Teaching with Electronic Games
- July 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning
- Is E-Learning True to the Principles of Technology?
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Mathematics with Technology: Key Issues, Concerns and Research Questions
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- The Connected Learning Space
- Learning in a Networked World: Trends and Opportunities in the Future of Technology for Learning Environments and Education
- Knowledge Management in Universities
- Adaptive Inter-LMS Data Sharing Scheme and XML Bindings for CSCL
- Leading and teaching in schools of the future: Using interactive video connectivity and networking in educator preparation programs
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.