Designing ICT Training Material for Chinese Language Arts Teachers
Save to My Collections
Lin, J.M.C. (2002). Designing ICT Training Material for Chinese Language Arts Teachers. In M. Driscoll & T. Reeves (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2002 (pp. 601-605). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/15276.
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2002
Margaret Driscoll & Thomas C. Reeves
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
The purpose of this research is to tailor the design of ICT training material to the needs of Chinese language arts teachers such that the training they receive will be conducive to effective integration of ICT into instruction. Eighteen experienced teachers participated in a Delphi-like survey that comprised a series of four questionnaires. They were asked to describe the professional tasks they routinely performed. Their responses were compiled into a list of 90 task items. Each item was then associated with one or more hardware/software tools that teachers need to learn to perform that task more productively. A restructuring process reduced the total number of items to 67. There will be one training unit developed for each of the 67 items, with each covering certain hardware and software features that we specified. We have developed six training units in the tryout phase with the help from five teachers. These units are characterized by their subject-specific contents.
- Evaluation of an Inservice Teacher Training Program for ICT Integration
- Training teachers for ICT in education – a case from upper secondary school level in the Le@rn project
- Learning to use ICT in classrooms : Teachers’ and trainers’ perspectives, A summary of the evaluation of the English ICT teacher training programme 1999-2003
- Perspectives on Blended Learning in Higher Education
- A study of the rate of (ICT) in – service Education effectiveness among high-school teachers
- Learner-Centered ICT Training in Upper Secondary Schools: Implementation and Evaluation
- Learning to Teach with Technology: A Comparison of Teacher Development Programs
- Integrating ICT into Classrooms: A note from Turkish Teachers
- Primary Teachers' Competence and Confidence Level regarding the Use of ICT
- Structuring wiki-based activities to promote collaborative writing and learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.