International Experience in Teacher Education Programs
Save to My Collections
Sahin, M. (2004). International Experience in Teacher Education Programs. In R. Ferdig et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (pp. 2610-2611). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/14853.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2004
Atlanta, GA, USA
Richard Ferdig, Caroline Crawford, Roger Carlsen, Niki Davis, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
The poster will give an overview of an ongoing research study on the effects of student-teaching abroad on the professional development of preservice teachers. The study is focusing on a two-month teacher internship program funded by the Fulbright Association. The program was organized by Iowa State University, USA in collaboration with Bilkent University, Turkey. Within the framework of the program, students from Bilkent University had their internship in Iowa high schools where worked with mentors in pairs or triads in three subject areas: English, History, and Biology. They got involved in teaching practices, seminars, and diverse cultural activities during their internship. Their self-reflections and mentor teachers' views on the effectiveness of the program will be collected through online surveys. The feedback from other scholars working on similar projects will be embedded into the study findings of which will shed light on the future internship projects in different contexts.
- Educating Teachers for the Knowledge Society: Social Media, Authentic Learning and Communities of Practice
- What would John Dewey Do: Programmatic design for developing TPACK for 21st Century Learning
- Student-Teacher Interaction on Facebook: What Students Find Appropriate
- Mathematics Teachers Developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
- Guiding Inservice Mathematics Teachers in Developing TPCK (Technology pedagogical content knowledge)
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Teachers’ assessment of TPACK: Where are we and what is needed?
- Web 2.0 learning environments in vocational education: a study on the use of collaborative online tools in the Statistics module
- Reconsidering the T and C in TPACK: Repurposing technologies for interdisciplinary knowledge
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Revising Teacher Preparation
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.