Distance Makes No Difference, using streaming video to enhance curriculum K-12
Save to My Collections
Lane, C. (2004). Distance Makes No Difference, using streaming video to enhance curriculum K-12. In R. Ferdig et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (p. 1247). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/13645.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2004
Atlanta, GA, USA
Richard Ferdig, Caroline Crawford, Roger Carlsen, Niki Davis, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
unitedstreaming™ is a video download and streaming system that instantly delivers over 2,000 educational core-curriculum digital videos and 20,000 clips. By simply searching the database, users are able to easily locate grade and subject specific content, and view the videos on their computers. This can be done by downloading it onto their desktops or a local server, or by live streaming. Each video has been indexed, which gives the option of viewing the entire program or watching a short clip. The extensive library of live-action media was designed specifically for use in the K-12 classroom. Programs align with national and state-level standards and include ancillary materials for teachers and students. The programs are meant to bring any core-curriculum subject alive in any educational environment. Programs are provided from award-winning producers including United Learning, Weston Woods, TV Ontario, Environmental Media, Rainbow Educational Media, and others.
- Experiences from the use of streaming video to support the students’ learning.
- Elementary Principals as Technology Instructional Leaders
- Streaming Media in Schools: Patterns of Systemic Implementation and Use
- Introducing Video streaming Technology to Meet the Needs of All Learners:Pre-professional And Graduate Student Experiences
- Video Streaming in Online Learning
- Leadership and Technology: The big … well, part of the big picture.
- Changing cultures, changing practices: Using mobile tools, the cloud and ePortfolios for authentic assessment
- Constructing a streaming video-based learning forum for collaborative learning
- E-learning and ADDIE Model
- Integrating Multimedia in Elementary Mathematics to Improve Mathematical Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.