University Lecturers as a Community of Learners: A Journey Between Pedagogy and Technology.
Save to My Collections
Maor, D. (2004). University Lecturers as a Community of Learners: A Journey Between Pedagogy and Technology. In L. Cantoni & C. McLoughlin (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2004 (pp. 3642-3649). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/12040.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2004
Lorenzo Cantoni & Catherine McLoughlin
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The use of online pedagogy within universities is increasing. However, this expansion is not accompanied by an associated an increase in investment in lecturers' pedagogy to assist them in the transition. At present, lecturers lack the tools to describe or illustrate the meaning they try to make of this transition between online pedagogy and technology. This paper describes the changing relationship between pedagogy and technology that a group of academic staff demonstrated in a one year Action Research project. From diagrams produced by the lecturers, it can be seen that there is a tension between the two continua of pedagogy and technology. This way of representing their views is presented as a tool for assisting lecturers to construct meaning as they continue to adopt technology in their online teaching while also providing a benchmark for their online pedagogy in order to ensure quality teaching in higher education.
- Teaching for Application: A Model for Assisting Pre-Service Teachers With Technology Integration
- The Effects of the Use of Interactive Whiteboards on Student Achievement
- Toward Technology Integration in the Schools: Why It Isn’t Happening
- A New Teacher Tool, Interactive White Boards: A Meta Analysis
- Professional learning during a one-to-one laptop innovation
- Teachers Facing ICT The Case of Greece
- What ICT-related skills and capabilities should be considered central to the definition of digital literacy?
- Managing Teachers’ Barriers to ICT Integration in Singapore Schools
- Can technology transform teaching and learning? The impact of interactive whiteboards.
- Using iPod Touch and iPad Educational Apps in the Classroom
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.