Digital Conversational Storytelling Elements for Teaching Mathematics in Primary School
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2004
Lorenzo Cantoni & Catherine McLoughlin
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This paper reports on an initiative to develop a multimedia learning environment for mathematics, with spoken language and dialogues as the central way of interaction. The work is currently being performed within a joint academic initiative from the disciplines of computer science, education science, and media design. It comprises the learning concept and interactive prototype building for a specific learning application targeted at primary school children, involving dramatic principles and techniques of digital interactive storytelling. The technical realization is based on a prototype interactive storytelling system from the EU-funded project art-E-fact and utilizes multimodal interaction and VR techniques.
Spierling, U., Müller, W., Vogel, R. & Iurgel, I. (2004). Digital Conversational Storytelling Elements for Teaching Mathematics in Primary School. In L. Cantoni & C. McLoughlin (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2004 (pp. 4191-4196). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 7, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/11678.
- DIGITAL STORYTELLING: Engaging, Communicating, and Collaborating
- Digital Storytelling: An empirical study of the impact of digital storytelling on pre-service teachers’ self-efficacy and dispositions towards educational technology
- Digital Storytelling: Self-Efficacy and Digital Literacy
- Digital Storytelling and Reflective Assessment
- The Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
- Motivational Aspects of WebQuest Design
- An Instructional Design Approach for Integrating Digital Storytelling into the Classroom using iMovie
- Everyone Has a Story to Tell: Examining Digital Storytelling in the Classroom
- Facing Your Selves: The Effects of Digital Storytelling on Teacher Education
- A Multilevel Approach to Using Digital Storytelling in the Classroom
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.