Dimensions of Educator Professional Development
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2003
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
David Lassner & Carmel McNaught
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
A survey was administered to 759 educators to determine information technology training preferences. Eight training methods were factor analyzed, resulting in the two training preference categories of human-facilitated training and self-help. This paper describes the two categories that emerged, examines their associations with age, prior training, and locus of control, and discusses implications of these findings for the design and development of future training procedures for technology-using educators.
Robinson, L.M. & Knezek, G.A. (2003). Dimensions of Educator Professional Development. In D. Lassner & C. McNaught (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2003 (pp. 2017-2020). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 13, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/11159.
- Learning 2.0: concepts and experiences with social networks and software
- A Special Passage Through Asia E-Learning
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- Enabling Project-Based Learning in WBT Systems
- The Role of Continuous Monitoring in Enriching E-learning
- Personalised e-learning, Semantic Web and Learning Ontologies
- Knowledge Construction Through ICT's: Social Networks
- Adaptable Personalised E-Learning Systems and Practical Approach on the use of Presentation Applications
- Professional Development in Today’s Technological Environment
- Competence-Based Knowledge Structures for Personalised Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.