To view the full text of this article...
Subscribe for faster access!
Subscribe for only $19/month (or $150/year) and receive immediate access to 100,000+ documents/media files.
Purchase individual articles and papers
Purchase fulltext access to individual articles and papers for $9.95 USD each. You can purchase as a guest or save your information for faster access later.
Already have an account?
If you are accessing the system through an institution or library, find out if they have a subscription to the digital library. If they do, please have them contact us with the IP address for this machine: 18.104.22.168.
Evolutive learners profiles
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2011
June 27, 2011
Theo Bastiaens & Martin Ebner
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
If the concept of learners profiles is now well known and treated in various ILE (Interactive Learning Environments), the taking into account of evolution in profiles do not benefit from the same advances. The subject of this paper is to define this notion and to show how it is taken into account in ILE researches. After a definition of the concept of evolutive learners profiles illustrated with examples, we show how this concept changes the models of our project, notably the evolution of PMDL profiles modeling language to PMDLe, that take into account the evolutivity of profiles. Then we present the consequences and benefits of these changes in the different modules of EPROFILEA environment that implement our models.
Ginon, B., Jean-Daubias, S. & Lefevre, M. (2011). Evolutive learners profiles. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp. 3311-3320). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 8, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/38331.
- Metadata - the key to effective searching in digital libraries
- From Assembly Language to Machine Code Execution: Teaching and Understanding the Semantic Gap
- TOK - Developing a Tangible Platform for Storytelling
- COLLIE – Towards a Collaborative Language Learning and Instruction Environment
- PISION: A System to Visualize Blogs and Forums
- Investigating the Predicting Variables of the Learning Outcomes when using Digital Textbooks
- Systematic Development of an E-learning Module for Teaching Writing
- Adaptive e-learning for all: integrating cultural-awareness as context in user modeling
- Validating a Technology Enhanced Student-Centered Learning Model
- An approach for e-learning/b-learning dissemination in a higher education institution using pivot faculty
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.