To view the full text of this article...
Subscribe for faster access!
Subscribe for only $19/month (or $150/year) and receive immediate access to 20,000+ documents/media files.
Purchase individual articles and papers
Purchase fulltext access to individual articles and papers for $9.95 USD each. You can purchase as a guest or save your information for faster access later.
Already have an account?
If you are accessing the system through an institution or library, find out if they have a subscription to the digital library. If they do, please have them contact us with the IP address for this machine: 220.127.116.11.
Project “Más Allá del Español (Beyond the Spanish Language)” to Promote the Inclusion of Moroccan Migrants in Spanish Secondary Schools
Save to My Collections
Barrios, M. & García, E. (2012). Project “Más Allá del Español (Beyond the Spanish Language)” to Promote the Inclusion of Moroccan Migrants in Spanish Secondary Schools. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 532-540). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/40798.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
June 26, 2012
Tel Amiel & Brent Wilson
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This paper is a report on the project “Más allá del español (Beyond the Spanish Language)”. Its first goal was to create a free on-line resource useful for Moroccan students, non-Spanish fluent speakers. Even though they are the higher migration group in Secondary Schools in some areas of Spain, there are not didactic materials for them. Lack of motivation and difficulties in communication involve educational and social problems. The resource is based on contrastive linguistic studies (Moroccan Arabic language and Spanish language) and on qualitative social research techniques. It is developed as a set of games by levels and it is being evaluated by some Moroccan students. The second goal of the project was to change attitudes in Spanish students: for this reason we are making a short film with Spanish and Moroccan students, and some other additional audiovisual material
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- A Comparison of Learners' Achievement between Blended Learning and Distance Learning
- The Effects of Computer-Assisted Concept Mapping on EFL Students’English Reading
- The Ecology in Architecture Design Project: Pedagogical, Graphic and Technological Strategic Choices
- Social Networking and Education: Using Facebook as an Edusocial Space
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- Becoming an Educational Technology Leader Though Online Education
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- The Development of Online Student Skills: Successful online students share their secrets
- New Methodologies and Tools for the Virtualization of Knowledge-based Collaborative Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.