To view the full text of this article...
Subscribe for faster access!
Subscribe for only $19/month (or $150/year) and receive immediate access to 20,000+ documents/media files.
Purchase individual articles and papers
Purchase fulltext access to individual articles and papers for $9.95 USD each. You can purchase as a guest or save your information for faster access later.
Already have an account?
If you are accessing the system through an institution or library, find out if they have a subscription to the digital library. If they do, please have them contact us with the IP address for this machine: 188.8.131.52.
E-Learning: Emerging Technologies for Effective Online Language Teaching in a Digital World
Save to My Collections
Wu, T. (2010). E-Learning: Emerging Technologies for Effective Online Language Teaching in a Digital World. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2010 (p. 3719). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/35177.
This presentation will highlight the creative ways and real examples of using emerging technologies and discuss how these cutting-edge technologies can be integrated into online language instruction and be leveraged to increase the students’ language proficiency: 1) Smart pens for note-taking and online sharing, 2) QR Codes for mobile tagging, 3) Skype for “face-to-face” communication 4) Wikispaces for collaborative writing 5) Photo Story 3 to practice speaking and writing, 6) Tweeter to boost social networking and 7) Google Blog to leverage culture learning. The presenter will use Prezi, a cutting-edge, multimedia presentation tool, to demonstrate samples of projects and activities. Participants will receive handouts with resources, web links and sample projects for immediate use.
- QR Codes: A Quick Response for Education
- Development of a Multimedia Software System for Teaching English as a Foreign Language to South Korean University Students
- Emerging Vocabulary Learning: From a Perspective of Activities Facilitated by Mobile Devices
- A Special Passage Through Asia E-Learning
- Vocabulary Acquisition by Secondary Students: Only an App Away
- Using Mobile Phones and QR Codes for Formative Class Evaluation and Better Learning for College Students.
- Improving College Classes using Mobile Phones and QR Codes
- Vocabulary Learning with Mobile Technology: What Students Learn and How They React
- Building capacity for mathematics: Using m-learning to facilitate pedagogical practices among educational stakeholders
- Viva VoiceThread: Integrating a Web 2.0 Tool in the Additional Language Classroom
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.