To view the full text of this article...
Subscribe for faster access!
Subscribe for only $19/month (or $150/year) and receive immediate access to 20,000+ documents/media files.
Purchase individual articles and papers
Purchase fulltext access to individual articles and papers for $9.95 USD each. You can purchase as a guest or save your information for faster access later.
Already have an account?
If you are accessing the system through an institution or library, find out if they have a subscription to the digital library. If they do, please have them contact us with the IP address for this machine: 126.96.36.199.
Instruction in the Web 2.0 Environment: A Wiki Solution for Multimedia Teaching and Learning
Save to My Collections
Salajan, F. & Mount, G. (2010). Instruction in the Web 2.0 Environment: A Wiki Solution for Multimedia Teaching and Learning. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2010 (pp. 3692-3697). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/35173.
This paper presents the development and implementation of a wiki-based application for the delivery of educational content. Wikipedia and YouTube have become mainstream open-access media tools for the dissemination of information over the web. What if the functionality of these two services could be merged into one platform for learning and teaching purposes? The Dental Procedure Education System (DPES) is a new web application that uses Sharepoint to combine online collaborative authoring characteristic to wiki spaces with displays of audio-video demonstrations of instructional concepts. Harnessing the wiki’s versatility, DPES offers faculty an avenue to develop an authoritative source of information for both students and the public at large.
- Making Hypermedia Dynamic: Hypervideo for Teaching Technology and Interaction
- Designing and Evaluating Software Supports for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders in a 3D Virtual Learning Environment
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- Using Multimedia as an Educational Instrument to Enhance Teaching and Learning Strategies: A Malaysian Perspective
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
- Usable But Not Entertaining e-Learning Material
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- The “Corporate University” as Technological and Scientific Support of the Virtual Education in Latin America
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.