To view the full text of this article...
Subscribe for faster access!
Subscribe for only $19/month (or $150/year) and receive immediate access to 20,000+ documents/media files.
Purchase individual articles and papers
Purchase fulltext access to individual articles and papers for $9.95 USD each. You can purchase as a guest or save your information for faster access later.
Already have an account?
If you are accessing the system through an institution or library, find out if they have a subscription to the digital library. If they do, please have them contact us with the IP address for this machine: 22.214.171.124.
Viva VoiceThread: Integrating a Web 2.0 Tool in the Additional Language Classroom
Save to My Collections
Bush, L. (2009). Viva VoiceThread: Integrating a Web 2.0 Tool in the Additional Language Classroom. In I. Gibson et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2009 (pp. 3247-3250). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/31146.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2009
Charleston, SC, USA
March 2, 2009
Ian Gibson, Roberta Weber, Karen McFerrin, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Today’s classrooms are definitely changing. While in the past, additional language teachers might have only had target-language newspapers and periodicals at their disposal to create an authentic L2 language learning environment for their students, today’s technological tools erase the barriers that once separated L1 and L2 learners and their environments. With the advent of Web 2.0 tools, additional language educators can extend their classrooms beyond the traditional brick-and-mortar walls to communicate with the world. One of the best ways to do so is to introduce VoiceThread into language lessons. In doing so, students can create conversations that extend across the classroom or across the globe.
- QR Codes: A Quick Response for Education
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- Digital Storytelling: Strategies Using VoiceThread
- Development of a Multimedia Software System for Teaching English as a Foreign Language to South Korean University Students
- Beyond the Book: Using VoiceThread in Language Arts Instruction
- Engaging Students in Interactive Online Discussions with VoiceThread (an audio/blogging tool)
- A Special Passage Through Asia E-Learning
- The Effects of Computer-Assisted Concept Mapping on EFL Students’English Reading
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- Emerging Vocabulary Learning: From a Perspective of Activities Facilitated by Mobile Devices
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.