To view the full text of this article...
Subscribe for faster access!
Subscribe for only $19/month (or $150/year) and receive immediate access to 20,000+ documents/media files.
Purchase individual articles and papers
Purchase fulltext access to individual articles and papers for $9.95 USD each. You can purchase as a guest or save your information for faster access later.
Already have an account?
If you are accessing the system through an institution or library, find out if they have a subscription to the digital library. If they do, please have them contact us with the IP address for this machine: 18.104.22.168.
Meaningful Learning with Wikis: Making a Connection
Save to My Collections
Qian, Y. (2007). Meaningful Learning with Wikis: Making a Connection. In R. Carlsen et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (pp. 2093-2097). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/24893.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2007
San Antonio, Texas, USA
March 26, 2007
Roger Carlsen, Karen McFerrin, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
There is a rapid proliferation of the use of wikis in education in recent years due to its radical simplicity and versatility. As its emergence is a potential powerful tool for enabling new types of learning, there is a need to base instructional uses of wikis on sound pedagogical framework in order for this innovation to live up to its promises and potentials. The purpose of this study, therefore, is to explore how the design principles of meaningful learning can guide the design of wikis for instructional purposes. Along with the design principles, examples of exemplary uses of wikis for meaningful learning will be discussed as well as the underlying design principles that have been embedded in these examples.
- Introducing a Wiki in EFL Writing Class
- Incorporating Wikis in an Educational Technology Course: Ideas, Reflections and Lessons Learned …
- Opening Up Learning with Mobile Technologies
- The Connected Learning Space
- Preparing Teachers of the Future: A National Initiative to Integrate ICT in Teacher Education in Australia
- Wikis, blogs, and all that stuff: Pre-service teacher experiences with web-based technologies in an interdisciplinary methods course
- Case-Based Authentic Assessment Applications within Wikis
- Can We Model Wiki Use in Technology Courses to Help Teachers Use Wikis in their Classrooms?
- Do Traditional and Online Learning Environments Impact Collaborative Learning with Wiki?
- Best Practices for the Use of Wikis in Teacher Education Programs
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.