Are we there yet? The journey of ICT integration
Save to My Collections
Redmond, P. & Brown, K. (2004). Are we there yet? The journey of ICT integration. In R. Ferdig et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (pp. 1001-1008). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/13596.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2004
Atlanta, GA, USA
Richard Ferdig, Caroline Crawford, Roger Carlsen, Niki Davis, Jerry Price, Roberta Weber & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Abstract: "Are we there yet, are we there yet, how much longer?" This plea can be heard from teachers throughout the world. The ICT integration pioneers beam at the thought of what's next, however the middle and late adopters shudder at the thought of what is coming next and wonder if and when they are going to get there, wherever there is? This differentiating attitude in ICT integration can be attributed to the teachers' personal confidence in using ICTs. This paper explores the ICT integration journey of teacher's from 10 provincial primary schools in Queensland, Australia. It will examine the teachers' past and present attitudes toward the integration of ICTs in their classrooms and attempt to predict their future attitudes. Participants will also be invited to discuss attitudes towards ICT integration from their perspective.
- Teaching for Application: A Model for Assisting Pre-Service Teachers With Technology Integration
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- The Effects of the Use of Interactive Whiteboards on Student Achievement
- Toward Technology Integration in the Schools: Why It Isn’t Happening
- Managing Teachers’ Barriers to ICT Integration in Singapore Schools
- Teachers Facing ICT The Case of Greece
- How Teachers Integrate Technology and Their Beliefs About Learning: Is There a Connection?
- Teachers’ Views on Factors Affecting Effective Integration of Information Technology in the Classroom: Developmental Scenery
- Implementing Computer Technologies: Teachers' Perceptions and Practices
- A New Teacher Tool, Interactive White Boards: A Meta Analysis
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.