Guidelines for E-Learning - Advantages and Disadvantages
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2004
Lorenzo Cantoni & Catherine McLoughlin
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
Experience shows that guidelines for the development of e-learning systems have both advantages and disadvantages. One important disadvantage is the fact that it is difficult to generalize guidelines for e-learning systems because educational situations often vary considerably. Despite all the disadvantages, guidelines can be used effectively in this area. They should not be used as cookbook recipes but as flexible tools. The aim of the MobiLearn project, which is carried out at several Austrian universities, is to develop a cooperative and mobile e-learning system. In the course of the project guidelines for the design and evaluation of the e-learning system are developed. The project will also try to clarify how guidelines for e-learning systems can be used successfully.
Pohl, M. (2004). Guidelines for E-Learning - Advantages and Disadvantages. In L. Cantoni & C. McLoughlin (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2004 (pp. 4827-4830). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 10, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/11761.
- Learning and Teaching with Electronic Games
- July 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning
- Is E-Learning True to the Principles of Technology?
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Mathematics with Technology: Key Issues, Concerns and Research Questions
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2009
- The Connected Learning Space
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- Learning in a Networked World: Trends and Opportunities in the Future of Technology for Learning Environments and Education
- Are Pretty Interfaces Worth the Time? The Effects of User Interface Types on Web-Based Instruction
- Classroom Management Issues in ICT-Mediated Learning Environments: Back to the Basics
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.