Technology in Teacher Preparation: Preparing Teachers for the Future
Save to My Collections
Gillingham, M.G. & Topper, A. (1999). Technology in Teacher Preparation: Preparing Teachers for the Future. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 7(4), 303-321. Charlottesville, VA: SITE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/8981.
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education
Volume 7, Issue 4, 1999
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education Charlottesville, VA
More Information on JTATE
Faculty and administrators in teacher preparation programs face the dilemma of preparing teachers for an unknown, but increasingly technological classroom. We present four possible solutions to the problem of preparing teachers for the future and using technology in classrooms: single course, technology infusion, student performance, and case based. Each of these approaches has both positive and negative aspects. As an example of one college's solution, we present a case of the preparation and implementation of technology in teacher preparation at Michigan State University. We conclude that it is imperative that faculty and administrators of teacher preparation programs learn about modern information and communication technology and incorporate them into their programs in meaningful ways.
- Use of visual metaphors for navigation in educational hypermedia: Effects on the navigational performance
- Teacher Educators’ Beliefs and Technology Uses as Predictors of Preservice Teachers’ Beliefs and Technology Attitudes
- Preparing Preservice Teachers for 21st Century Classrooms: Transforming Attitudes and Behaviors About Innovative Technology
- Teachers’ Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Skills and Practices of Using ICT
- Bilingual and ELL Preservice Teachers and Technology Self-Efficacy
- Teacher Adoption of Technology: A Perceptual Control Theory Perspective
- Situated Professional Development and Technology Integration: The Capital Area Technology and Inquiry in Education (CATIE) Mentoring Program
- Connecting Preservice Teachers With Children Using Blogs
- Integrating Technology into the Classroom: Eight Keys to Success
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.