Learning by Design: TPACK in Action
Save to My Collections
Lu, L., Johnson, L., Tolley, L., Gilliard-Cook, T. & Lei, J. (2011). Learning by Design: TPACK in Action. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 4388-4395). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/37022.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2011
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
March 7, 2011
Matthew Koehler & Punya Mishra
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Effective technology integration requires teachers to construct technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK). To help teachers develop TPACK, Learning by Design (LBD) is one promising instructional model for creating such a learning environment, addressing the situated nature and complex interplay of technology, pedagogy and content. In this article, we discuss initial efforts to apply TPACK and LBD in the design and development of a series of technology integration courses for elementary preservice teachers. We discuss the theoretical framework and instructional design theory behind the courses and how the research team applied LBD in preservice teacher technology preparation. We present examples from the courses to illustrate how TPACK and LBD are used as the basis of the course experiences. Applying TPACK and LBD in this context extends the understanding of the theoretical grounding for teacher technology preparation.
- Changing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) through Course Experiences
- Determining Teachers’ TPACK through observations and self-report data
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Observation Instrument
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- An Elaborated Model of the TPACK Framework
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Developing Effective Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) in PreK-6 Teachers
- Unpacking TPACK: TPK Characteristics Supporting Successful Implementation
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.