Expanding Borders: Using Web 2.0 Tools and 21st Century Skills to Connect Cultures for Pre-Service Teachers
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2011
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
March 7, 2011
Matthew Koehler & Punya Mishra
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Colleges of education are struggling to meet the expectations of educating the next generation of teachers who are better prepared to equip their students with skills necessary to face the challenges of a global community. It is vital that teacher preparation programs integrate technology and 21st century skills to connect cultures and expand borders. In order to meet the global expectations of today’s society, Ashland University’s College of Education has implemented an educational technology framework that strives to provide opportunities for students to utilize technologies to expand the classroom and develop essential skills, such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication and collaboration. This paper identifies a variety of Web 2.0 tools and educational activities implemented within a 21st century classroom.
Romano, D. (2011). Expanding Borders: Using Web 2.0 Tools and 21st Century Skills to Connect Cultures for Pre-Service Teachers. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 2903-2908). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 11, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/36756.
- What 21st Century Learning? A review and a synthesis
- Towards a Framework for Analyzing and Implementing 21st Century Teaching and Learning with Attention to Educational Reform
- Analysis and integration of 21st Century Skills for Learning and Assessment
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2012
- Issues in the Transformation of Teaching with Technology
- Multimedia Technologies and Familiar Spaces: 21st Century Teaching for 21st Century Learners
- Emerging Technologies in Learning: Impact on Cognition and Culture
- Addressing and Assessing 21st Century Skills in Teacher Education
- The Role of Video in Pre-Service Teacher First Day of School Observations: Peer Review on Learning of Teaching Concepts and Future Application
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Successes and Challenges in the Implementation of 21st Century Skills
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.