How Companies Are Using the Second Life Virtual World: Three Case Studies
Save to My Collections
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
November 17, 2008
Curtis J. Bonk, Mimi Miyoung Lee & Tom Reynolds
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
In recent years there has been a tremendous growth in new technologies for use in business. Virtual worlds are rapidly becoming the newest, quickest and most convenient way to collaborate and transform conventional business processes to new heights. Second Life is the standard in 3-D online virtual worlds, created and edited solely by its own community. Since opening to the public, Second Life is currently inhabited by millions of Residents all over the world. Presenting successful business case studies, this paper will set out to prove that this technology is the way of the future. Although seemingly overwhelming, it is ultimately a beneficial choice for businesses to be competitive through the technological progression of virtual business models as provided in Second Life.
Pichardo, M.K. (2008). How Companies Are Using the Second Life Virtual World: Three Case Studies. In C. Bonk et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2008 (pp. 1184-1189). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 4, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/29775.
- How to integrate games or game elements in educational multimedia: a typology of educational game use
- Using Second Life as an Educational Instructional Tool with Pre-service Education Students: A Work in Progress
- Effect of the activities in the Second Life® as tool for mutual understanding of gender role
- Uses of Second Life in Higher Education: Three Successful Cases
- Experiences from the use of streaming video to support the students’ learning.
- A University Curriculum for a Second Life Course
- Let’s Play: The role and value of games and simulations in education!, Part 1
- The Connected Learning Space
- How to teach in Second Life?
- How to Teach and Demonstrate Topics of Supply Chain Management in Virtual Worlds
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.