The Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in “Technology, Pedagogy and Mathematics” Courses in the U.S.
Save to My Collections
Leatham, K. (2008). The Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in “Technology, Pedagogy and Mathematics” Courses in the U.S. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 5277-5283). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/28117.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
March 3, 2008
Karen McFerrin, Roberta Weber, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Primary, secondary and minor components of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK), derived from the literature, are described. An analysis of the course objectives of 28 Teaching, Pedagogy and Mathematics (TPM) courses was conducted in order to determine the extent to which TPM courses were aligned with the TPCK framework. Although almost all of the components of the TPCK framework were present in the course objectives, significant variation was found. Several additional TPCK components are proposed based on the TPM data. The paper calls on teacher educators to further elucidate the components of TPCK, to argue for their relative value, and to be more explicit about these valued components in our teacher education courses.
- Examining TPACK Among K-12 Online Distance Educators in the United States
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Teacher Educators’ Beliefs and Technology Uses as Predictors of Preservice Teachers’ Beliefs and Technology Attitudes
- Measuring High School Mathematics Teachers' Concerns About Graphing Calculators and Change: A Yearlong Study
- Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
- Implementing Computer Technologies: Teachers' Perceptions and Practices
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Preparing to Teach Mathematics with Technology: An Integrated Approach to Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Changing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) through Course Experiences
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.