Practices of Using Discussion Board as an Assessment Tool in Online Learning Environment
Save to My Collections
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2004
Washington, DC, USA
Janice Nall & Robby Robson
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
Discussion board is an integral part of online courses. It has a great potential for supporting teaching, enhancing learning, and facilitating assessment. This study is to examine how the discussion board is used in online learning environment as assessment tool. Several practices in existing studies of using discussion board to assess students' learning are reviewed. The purposes, implementation methods, and assessment focuses are compared and contrasted among each practice. The practical issues of using discussion board as assessment tool are also discussed.
Yang, Y. (2004). Practices of Using Discussion Board as an Assessment Tool in Online Learning Environment. In J. Nall & R. Robson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2004 (pp. 1577-1582). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 4, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/11482.
- An Investigation of Behaviorist and Cognitive Approaches to Instructional Multimedia Design
- The Connected Learning Space
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- Bringing ADDIE to Life: Instructional Design at Its Best
- Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents
- The Factors That Influence Faculty Adoption of Instructional Technology: An Adapted Unified Model
- Electronic Portfolios: Building on the Successes of Education
- Online or Face-To-Face: How to Deliver Professional Development
- Student-Centered, Technology-Rich Learning Environments (SCenTRLE): Operationalizing Constructivist Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Access for All: Developing an Online Course about Online Courses
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.